Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bad Fonts

Today I decided to review some bad fonts.

(You can see my full review of them at the Bad Fonts page).

My top ones were Comic Sans MS, Papyrus and Century Gothic. I originally liked Papyrus and Century Gothic, although I've always hated Comic Sans MS, phew!

Why I hate them? Well, Comic Sans MS is THE MOST HATED FONT IN THE WORLD. I usually defer from popular opinion, (I hate The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Times New Roman, Studio Ghibli, you get the point) for once I agreed. The same goes for Papyrus.

I'm going to keep on adding to it - I thought about reviewing Twentieth Century Monotype (usually referred to as Tw Cen MT) but in 14 it actually looked okay, so I decided against it.

I started looking around the internet for some good ideas on what fonts I should hate - the top two were usually Papyrus (second) and Comic Sans MS (first).

The other fonts, all of which I'd heard of, included Kristen ITC, Jokerman (this one isn't so bad!!), Monotype Corsiva, Playbill, Courier [New], Brush Script, and New Times Roman.

I have to say that Jokerman and Monotype Corsiva are okay. I can totally believe some people don't like Times, Kristen ITC, Playbill and Brush Script.

Here is a link to the Bad Fonts Page, where I reviewed Century Gothic, Times New Roman, Comic Sans MS, Papyrus, Brush Script and more:
http://thefontguide.blogspot.ca/p/bad-fonts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment